The workers and forged for this fall’s Blade Runner: Black Lotus anime sequence debuted a brand new trailer and key artwork for the venture throughout their streamed [email protected] 2021 panel on Friday. They introduced that Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter Alessia Cara is contributing music to the sequence, together with the unique music “Really feel You Now” as heard within the trailer:
The darkish science fiction anime sequence delves into who’s working the world within the aftermath of the Blade Runner: Black Out 2022 anime brief — after the Tyrell Company from the unique Blade Runner movie (set in 2019) and earlier than the Wallace Company from the Blade Runner 2049 sequel. In contrast to the movies, the sequence is about from the angle of the hunted — a feminine replicant or an artifically created humanoid being. The workers emphasised that the anime sequence displays the dystopian world with the anti-capitalist themes from Philip Okay. Dick‘s authentic novel Do Androids Dream of Electrical Sheep? Due to that, it additionally displays what is occurring in the actual world now in that, regardless of the category divide, discrimination, and alienation, there may nonetheless be love and hope.
The forged consists of (English/Japanese):
- Jessica Henwick/Arisa Shida as Elle, a feminine replicant created for a secret and unknown objective
- Will Yun Lee/Shinshū Fuji as Joseph, a mysterious determine who owns a spare components junkyard in Los Angeles
- Samira Wiley/Takako Honda as Alani Davis, a contemporary LAPD recruit
- Brian Cox/Takaya Hashi as Niander Wallace Sr, founder and CEO of the Wallace Company
- Wes Bentley/Takehito Koyasu as Niander Wallace Jr, an excellent scientist working for his father
- Josh Duhamel/Taiten Kusunoki as Marlowe, a lethal Blade Runner
- Peyton Listing/Yoshiko Sakakibara as Josephine Grant, the spouse of the police chief
- Stephen Root/Hochu Otsuka as Earl Grant, Police Chief of the LAPD
- Barkhad Abdi/Takayuki Kinba as Doc Badger, a black market seller
- Gregg Henry/Masane Tsukayama as Senator Bannister, a politician with sturdy emotions on replicant manufacturing.
- Henry Czerny/Akio Nojima as Physician M, an excellent physician and professor of drugs
- Jason Spisak/Kazuki Yao as Hooper, a journalist within the pocket of the Wallace Company
Crunchyroll and Grownup Swim are partnering with Alcon Leisure to supply the 13-episode tv anime sequence. The anime relies on Blade Runner 2049, the sequel to the 1982 Blade Runner movie. The sequence’ story will happen in 2032, between the 2 movies, and can embrace some acquainted characters.
Shinji Aramaki (Ultraman, Appleseed) and Kenji Kamiyama (Ultraman, Ghost within the Shell: Stand Alone Advanced) are directing all of the episodes at Sola Digital Arts. Each administrators beforehand labored collectively on Ultraman and Ghost within the Shell: SAC_2045. Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo) is a inventive producer on the sequence.
Andrew Kosove, Broderick Johnson, Laura Lancaster, and Al-Francis Cuenca of Alcon Leisure are government producers on the venture together with Sola Digital Arts‘ Joseph Chou. Alcon government Ben Roberts is serving as co-executive producer, and Manufacturing I.G‘s Mitsuhisa Ishikawa is a manufacturing adviser.
Grownup Swim has worldwide distribution rights to an English-dubbed model of the present outdoors of Asia, and can air the anime in the USA on its Toonami block. Crunchyroll will stream the anime worldwide. The anime is scheduled to premiere this fall on Grownup Swim in Canada.
Crunchyroll beforehand streamed the “Blade Runner: Black Out 2022” anime brief in September 2017, shortly earlier than the debut of Blade Runner 2049. Watanabe directed the anime brief at Cygames Photos, Shukou Murase (Halo Legends, Cellular Go well with Gundam Wing) served as character designer and animation director, and Flying Lotus composed the music.
The unique movie from director Ridley Scott and starring Harrison Ford relies on Philip Okay. Dick‘s Do Androids Dream of Electrical Sheep? novel. The Blade Runner 2049 sequel debuted in October 2017.
Sources: electronic mail correspondence, Blade Runner: Black Lotus panel